Sunday, June 3, 2012

We're Baaack!!!!!

The Roberts family is officially back in the desert.  We arrived on Friday.  To stay!  We don't have to leave in one day.  Or two days.  Or even a week.  We have been blessed enough to be able to MOVE back here.  And LIVE.  Forever and always.  And I CANNOT wipe the smile off of my face!!!!  I feel like I need to be pinched.  Multiple times a day to be sure that I am not dreaming.  I am currently sitting out on the balcony of the golf villas where we have rented a little condo for these three days before our furniture arrives and I can scarcely take in the amazing view before me.  I feel like I need to keep looking at it and making sure it's still there.  Lest it disappear!!!  I LOVE the scenery here.  I love the nice cool mornings and the sounds of quail calling to each other in the air.  I love how vividly blue the sky is, and how brilliant the sun shines here (hot and all!).  I love the way the green of the trees is so bright against the backdrop of the mountains.  And I love that I can see the stars at night again.  After our time in Texas, this blessing is especially sweet!!!

So...where are we in this whole process?  Well...the house in Texas is closed.  I imagine the new owners are moving in and unpacking their boxes as I type this.  Happy for them!  I hope they love and enjoy the house and the neighbors and all that Texas has to offer.  We have closed on the house here and we have our keys.  Our moving truck arrives at 8 a.m.  tomorrow morning and then I will be knee deep in my own boxes!  Chris has had to go to a conference out of town.  So I will be handling the move tomorrow all by myself!  So my sweet sister is driving down from Scottsdale to help me out and get us set up.  I am grateful for the extra hand.  Juggling a moving truck, three kids and two dogs by myself has the potential to get a bit hairy!  An extra set of eyes and hands is MUCH appreciated!!!  The kids are all very excited.  They love the new house and are anxious to get in and stay there.  I love it too!!!  Mostly, I love that it is SO much smaller than our Texas house.  Never again will I ever live in 5000 sf of house.  Actually...I just wouldn't wish it on anyone!  Such a chore.  A total beast of a house.  SOOOO grateful for the smaller, more compact version of a home we are picking up here!

I joined the gym.  Took in my first class yesterday.  I'm so sore I can hardly move this morning.  Which just makes me smile!!!  So, of course...I'm heading back in there this morning for another round!  I have MISSED those classes SOOOO much!  I had forgotten how fun they were and I was sorry to see the class end when it did.  Though...judging from the soreness...it's probably a good thing that it did end when it did!

Today's To DO List includes working out, then grabbing a quick shower so I can grocery shop and stock the new house with food so we have what we need while we are settling in.  I want to get the bulk of our things out of the apartment here and into the new house so that we don't have too much to juggle in the morning as we are getting out of here early.  Then Donna is coming down to hang out and spend the night with us!  The kids are really looking forward to her arrival!  I imagine it's going to be a long day for them until she gets here!

And so...there you have it!  That's what's happening in our new life here in the desert!  Stay tuned.  I am certain that there are many MANY adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment