Thursday, June 21, 2012

As The Dust Settles

Seventeen days ago I moved into my new house.  My new house HERE in the desert.  My house that is NOT in Texas.  My smaller, more compact, less pretentious and perfectly practical house right here in AZ.  I'm deliriously happy.  I STILL feel like someone should pinch me to convince me that I am not dreaming.  Because honestly, every single time I walk by a window and catch a glimpse of the view outside, or get in the car to go anywhere I really feel like I'm dreaming and I do NOT want to wake up. I can't tell you how many times I've sent up prayers of heartfelt thanksgiving in the past 20 days.  Prayers of thankfulness, gratefulness, praise and total appreciation to God who worked it so that we could have another chance to live life here with our kids amidst the desert beauty.  It's a wonder I am able to concentrate enough to DRIVE anywhere as I am SO distracted by the awesome scenery everywhere around me.  It's all such a treat for my eyes.  I am so, so, so happy and content just to be back here.

And so...despite being TERRIBLY distracted by the beautiful desert landscape, settling in is coming along nicely!  All of the boxes, as of tonight, are officially unpacked!  We bought a big piece of furniture for our office and with it's arrival this evening, the last few boxes that were in the dining room could finally be unpacked.  The last big hurdle will be the garage and Chris is determined that by the end of the weekend, all three vehicles will be IN the garage and that area too, will be all neat and organized.  It's starting to feel like HOME!!!  There are still a couple of things to deal with.  We are having some rooms painted, for one.  The office is way too dark.  The wine colored walls really mess with my eyes in the late afternoon sun.  Clara's bathroom is entirely too orange, and by that I mean ORANGE orange.  And my laundry room is very plain...and so I am adding some color...as it's a room that I spend an unfortunately large amount of time in.  Once the painting is done and the pictures are hung in those final three rooms, I do believe it will be total home sweet home.  I'm loving the house.  Loving the space.  Loving the convenient location.  Again...pinch me already!  This MUST be a dream!  I'm delighted though as the dust settles to still find myself each day really and truly here in the desert.

The kids are all settling in nicely.  Clara attended a fantastic art camp this week and her pieces are just AMAZING!!!  She made a huge pot of flowers this time, along with a casting of her two hands on piano keys.  VERY awesome.  Our girl is very artistic and I love this latest set of projects she's brought home to us.  I will photograph and post pictures soon.

I guess that's about it.  We are all here, mostly settled, and all very happy here in the desert lands.  We are heading to the beach soon.  I almost hate to leave, since I feel like I just got here.  But the beach is so wonderful that I know I will be bubbling with excitement to get to experience all of that too!  

And so....as the dust settles, we are here...living, loving, and feeling abundantly blessed in our new life here in awesome Arizona.  God is SO good!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment