Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Sunday Edition

I'm BAaaaaack! AND it's only been a few short days since my last post!  It's a great Sunday morning here in the desert.  Why?  Well, for one, it's UBER dark cloudy.  So there is a POSSIBILITY of rain!  We will take that!  It's much cooler this morning...another win for the desert.  The coolness is a double perk for Chris, who, at 6:12 a.m. is currently out running his 22 mile distance run this morning as part of his marathon training that is coming up next month.  These runs have been a booger for him with the heat and humidity of the desert this month...no matter HOW early he's been starting.  So this morning is a blessing. 

Turns out my broken toe is actually TWO broken toes!  You know what they say..."Go big or go home!"  I guess I did it big all right!  The bottom of my toes are ugly, ugly blue and bruised...one toe is still totally blue.  The top of my foot is also showing some bruising as well.  Ugly as it is though, on this, the fourth day after breaking it, it hurts a good bit less and I feel like I can ALMOST walk a bit closer to normal?  Maybe not full on...but it's definitely better!  I have still been going to pole class.  I refuse to lose my muscles in my upper body now that I am finally getting them back!  Toes play a minor part in pole exercise anyway (unless you manage to slam them into the ground like I did!), so it hasn't been too big a deal.  I've had to modify a couple of exercises to keep myself off my toes on that foot...but it's worked out just fine.  My own personal pole has arrived in the mail.  Turns out, our ceiling where I plan to place the pole is slightly slanted,  and the pole can't snug up against the ceiling like it needs to.  So I had to order an additional part for it.  As soon as that arrives, Chris will get me all installed and I can get some more practice time in!  I LOVE the ab exercises we do on the pole as well, so it will be nice to be able to do those at home, instead of once every few days at the dance center. 

I'm restarting my Weight Watchers program today.  I have been off for a while, trying some other things...but nothing has worked like the WW program so I am heading back to what I know works.  Or I should say...will HOPEFULLY work?!  If this doesn't work, then I guess I'm going to have to have a visit with my doc to have my hormone levels checked.  I'd prefer to avoid that route at all costs! 

Cooper has kept us on our toes this week.  We came home the other night to find that Cooper had totally raided the pantry!  He'd had a buffet that included several tortillas, some Keeble Elf fudge cookies, some beef jerky, a half a jar of Nutella, and he had ATTEMPTED to open a can of peanuts, but hadn't gotten too far with that one.  All of this I found in my family room when we arrived home!  Upon further investigation, I also found what was left of a package of Lemon Oreos in our master bedroom.  For the LOVE!  Needless to say, Cooper was running on a wide open sugar high!  Chris and I were ready to throttle him before he finally was able to settle down for the night!  He was racing all over the house and was restless, restless, restless!  Ugh!  Not a good time, that's for sure!   That crazy dog will probably be pooping tortillas for days to come! 

Clara's Gettysburg Address rewrite has come along nicely.  My girl has a way with words and she never ceases to amaze me.  She's crazy smart.  I am really, really impressed with the work and thought she put into her words.  AND the Civil War playset has arrived in the mail!  So we are armed with plastic soldiers, cannons, canoes, covered wagons, and all sorts of other militia supplies!  I just have to find the appropriate sized box and we can begin our construction of the Battle at Antietam diorama!  Ah, the joys of middle school history!  I shouldn't complain.  By this time last year, the sixth grade teachers had already assigned SEVERAL hands on, intensely laborious art projects...like creating our very own math board game, etc.  Know why there are not really any math board games on the market for sale?  Because that's NOT fun.  And noone wants to play those games.  Anymore than their mothers want to MAKE those games.  At least I got an A, Clara did very well on that project, earning very high marks.  It was a LOT of effort, so it would have been disappointing NOT to do well after all of that!

I guess that about wraps up life around these parts.  It's hardly exciting, but it IS current!  Depending on what time Chris finishes his run, we may, or may not make it to church this morning.  I definitely have to go to the grocery store.  And I imagine my afternoon will most likely NOT be homework free because, with Clara in the house, that RARELY happens!  I might try to sneak into the gym and see if my toe will cooperate for a workout!   And that's our big day around these parts!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment