Thursday, November 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday, dear Ben!!!

I can't believe it!  Remember yesterday?  No?  Well.  It just happened, like yesterday.  It was Wednesday.  And my kid... looked like this...

Oh yeah!  NOW you remember.  Right?!  Yep.  Benjamin looked like this just yesterday.  Yes.  That was just yesterday.  I could swear that it was.  I went to bed last night.  Had a good sleep.  But then, this morning...apparently...that sweet, bright, snaggle toothed baby boy in the picture there, turned SIXTEEN!!!  Can you believe it?!  I know, right?!  Total craziness.  I don't know how it happened.  But it did.  And so...with great sadness (and confusion over how it happened overnight), I bring you...Ben.  The overnight turned 16 Benjamin.  Sweet, happy, responsible, lovable, always ready with a hug or snuggle Ben.  Sigh.  I love this boy!


This really, really BIG, tall boy!  With the killer smile.  And sparkly blue eyes.  (Can you believe I created this stunning, handsome creature?)  And the size 14 shoes.  Oy!  But the kid has some big old feet!  And he's taller than me.  By several inches now.  And outweighs me.  By many, many pounds.  Even in my advanced state of fluffiness.  Yes...this is a big boy.  A big, beautiful boy.  With a smile that lights up the room and melts your heart.  What a blessing!  Who knew how this little guy would end up rocking our world way back when when we were surprised with him and his unplanned, but definitely impending arrival?!  We sure didn't think we were ready for another baby.  But God sure did!  And I couldn't be more grateful or thankful than I am today for this sweet, sweet gift.  We are truly blessed!  Happy, happy birthday Benjamin Harrison Roberts!  Thank you for being the awesome kid that you are.  You definitely make our family a better family because you are part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment