Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20, 2013

Can I just say that I love living in the desert in January?  It is generally sunny.  And mild.  And lovely.  And just scrumptiously all around AMAZING!  Our three freak days of crazy cold have come and gone, killing all manner of hearty green in every yard, everywhere.  Yes...come on spring and breathe some life back into our desert landscape!  And today...GLORIOUS!!!  75 degrees and sunshine!  The kind of weather that just beckons you to spend time outside.  And so...after church this morning, we did  just that.  We came home, changed clothes, had a quick lunch, and headed out for some hiking!  Just had to share a few shots from the trail because it was just so fabulous!
Seriously...have you ever seen such an amazing sky?!!!


My FAVORITE shot from the day.  Man, I love this desert I live in!!!

Me and the hubs!

All ready to climb!

This is the beginning...here we go!

Nothing like stopping for a breather and having THIS to take in as your scenery!

Have I mentioned how much I adore the desert?!

SO thankful that I live here!!!
Just had to share the beautiful day with you!  Nothing else going on.  Another busy week.  Kids are out of school tomorrow for MLK day.  But daddy has to work!  Tackling stupid Science Fair projects and other assorted school things.  Max has been dropping eggs off of roofs and high stadium bleachers for his physics project in a quest to design a device that will prevent them from breaking on impact.  Many eggs sacrificed in the name of education today!  But as the sun set today, he felt like his group has nailed a winning design.  I'm still counting my Weight Watchers points.  Having good results so far.  I'm down at least 4 pounds and have gotten back into several items of clothing that would NOT have happened two weeks ago.  So I'm enjoying that my wardrobe has slightly expanded again!  Choices are NICE!  Busy, busy week this week.  Thankful it's only a four day school week!  Last break for about a month when Rodeo Days roll around.  Tired, tired, tired tonight after all that hiking.  My boohiney is just toast!  Ready to put it to bed early and curl up with a good book!  And so...hoping your day was just as beautiful as ours here in the desert.  And if not...I hope you'll at least enjoy seeing ours!  Life is SOOOO good in the desert!

No comments:

Post a Comment