Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!!

Well!  Halloween has finally arrived...thus wrapping up an incredibly busy month here in Tucson for the Roberts family!  Clara is CRAZY excited today because 1) she gets a party at school.  2) She has piano lessons.  (Okay...scratch that.  She DOES have piano lessons but I doubt she's very excited about them!)  3) She gets to go Trick Or Treating tonight with her BFF and 4) She gets to wear this ridiculously cute costume that we made this year.  That's right.  we MADE it!!!!  Behold...the miracle!



Our very crafty washing machine costume!
In addition to some crazy crafting for our big Halloween night, we managed to squeeze in a weekend getaway to Roosevelt Lake.  It's just a short two hour (or so) drive over the mountains but is OH so beautiful.  We have camped there before...back in the days before we left for that other state that I will not mention.  We're back now...and that's all that matters.  Anyway...we have camped Lake Roosevelt before and it's lovely.  But THIS time...we camped at Lake Roosevelt, but DROVE up over the crazy mountain on the very tight and winding and very bumpy DIRT road to get to one of the most beautiful places I have been.  Apache Lake!  If you've never visited, you have missed out!  My oldest sister and her husband made the trek over and joined us for a beautiful day of boating and sightseeing out on the lake.  Such fun!!!  BEHOLD...Lake Apache...
Our boat captain for the day!


Clara talking her Uncle Grady's ear off!

Beautiful rock formations surround this lake.  

The water was SO gorgeously blue!


Co captains!


Ben chilling and enjoying the scenery.

And a very rare smile from this one!


My sister and her hubby!


Trying his luck at landing "the big one".  

Fishing is his happy place!




This one is just silly.

Oscar REALLY liked Grady!

I love this boy of mine!

Seriously gorgeous here.  


Stunning!  

Did I mention that this one is silly?

Hellooooo whole family!  This is a rare shot!  I'm IN it!

Aren't these two just too cute?


Everyone loved driving the boat!




More smiles!  Being on the lake just brings out the best in him!




My man!

And she's back at the wheel!



This was the view from our campsite.  Beautiful...but nearly as dramatic as Apache Lake!

Clara did a beautiful job of decorating our campsite for us!

What else have we been up to?  Well...I've had a couple of huge photo shoots.  Boudoir and newbie.  I LOVE the newbie sessions.  Here's a peek from yesterday's session...



Miss Scarlett is the third addition to this sweet family...so I was SO excited to find this super fun bucket with No. 3 stenciled on it!

Add caption
And THAT is what we have been up to!  Or at least...THAT is all I have time to tell you about right now!  Life is nuts around here with all the Halloween festivities and I have managed to find myself scheduled into nearly every one of them!  I will try to do a better job of keeping catched up next month!  Until then!  Have a SPOOOOoooooky sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment